Instagram Feed (do not change this title)

The benefits of exercise



As I wrote in a recent post on "Maintaining Positivity", I have recently started to exercise more and have already started to notice differences in how I feel and look. 

I have become a member of a gym, which includes the gym (if you hadn't already guessed), swimming and classes. This variety is good for me because I often become bored of doing the same thing over and over again. Also, if I book a gym class I am much more likely to go because I kind of feel like I have to.

I'll tell you now, I'm not writing this post as someone who gets up early every morning to do exercise, doesn't go a day without exercising and doesn't find it difficult to get up and actually go to the gym, because I do. I try to go to the gym 3 times a week, and then either swimming or gym classes a couple of times in between. Some weeks I am more motivated to get up and do exercise than other weeks. 

It has only been a month since I joined the gym and I have already noticed both physical and psychological changes. I'm not and never have been a "big" person, I'm very lucky as I'm able to eat pretty much anything and not put on much, if any weight. But this doesn't mean I'm happy with my body. I have joined the gym to increase my fitness, get healthier and to tone up. Not only is that happening, I have also noticed big changes in my general mood. After exercising I always feel more motivated and just happier in general. It's a win-win situation and I definitely recommend it!

So I'm going to try my best to carry on dragging myself out of bed, turning off netflix and stop making excuses to not exercise. It's 100% worth it. 


Do you often exercise? What changes have you noticed?


No comments

Post a Comment

© Katie Primrose

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig