Instagram Feed (do not change this title)

7 things to do in Paris

As you may know from previous blog posts, over summer James  (my boyfriend) and I went interrailing around Europe for 3 weeks. The first city we visited was Paris, where we somehow managed to do and see so much is a short space of time. It was a very tiring couple of days, but we managed to do everything we wanted to. Here's a list of just 7 of the things we did that I would totally recommend to anyone taking a trip to Paris. 

1. Go up the Eiffel Tower

This was definitely my favourite (and the scariest) thing we did whilst in Paris. We walked up the stairs to the second level and then got the glass lift up to the top, which was honestly one of the scariest things I've ever done. It was totally worth it though, the views were absolutely amazing from every level and it will be something I'll never forget. 





2. Try escargot (snails)

I wasn't completely sure about this idea (as you may tell in the photo below), but I am so glad I got past the idea of eating a slimy creature found in gardens. They looked absolutely disgusting, but once I finally found the courage to try some, I realised they were actually really tasty! We even ended up ordering them again from another restaurant the next day. 




3. Go on a boat trip up the river 

Paris is a huge place and it's impossible to walk everywhere and see everything. Many of the attractions are along the river, so taking a boat trip down the river is definitely a good idea. The information you get from the tour is also pretty interesting and something you don't get when walking around. 




4. Take a look at the Arc de Triomphe

James and I walked down the Champs Elysees to the Arc de Triomphe. Even though we just took a few pictures and had a look underneath, it was still a nice thing to do as it's such a significant feature of Paris. 




5. Visit the Notre Dame

Unfortunately we decided not to go inside the Notre Dame because the queue was ridiculously long (and we couldn't be bothered to wait). But just looking around the outside you realise what a grand and amazing cathedral it is. 




6. Buy macaroons from Laduree 

On the way back from the Arc de Triumph we came across Laduree, where we bought a few macaroons. Mmmmm, it makes me so hungry just thinking of them, they were DELICIOUS. I decided on a coconut and a salted caramel macaroon, they were a little pricey, but 1000% worth it.




7. Go to the Louvre and take a look at the Mona Lisa 

We had to wait for hours (literally) to get into the Louvre, and literally went to the Mona Lisa and left because we didn't have much time and we weren't overly interested in anything else. I'm glad we did wait to see the Mona Lisa as it's such a famous piece of art, but I do wish we had've looked around the Louvre a bit more after waiting so long to get in. 




Have you been to Paris? What did you do?

No comments

Post a Comment

© Katie Primrose

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig