Instagram Feed (do not change this title)

A weekend in Bath









Before I start I'd just like to apologise for the quality of these photos. After remembering to pack my camera and the charger (which is a rare occurrence so I was extremely proud), I forgot to check the memory card was in the camera. *Insert red angry face*

Anyway, moving on to our weekend away... As a treat for our 2 year anniversary of being together, James decided to surprise me with a weekend away to Bath. Last year he took me to Brighton and we had the most amazing time, so neither of us thought it could be topped, but it somehow was. 

I've been to Bath once before, when I was about 7 and the only thing I can remember is being bored out of my mind walking around the Roman Baths (I'm sure they are amazing, but 7 year old me didn't think so). This time I automatically fell in love with the place, it's so pretty. All the buildings are made out of the same, pale stone, which somehow makes it different to anywhere else I've been in England. We stayed in The Bear Hotel, which was lovely and above a busy pub- which made it perfect!

We spent the first day wandering the huge range of shops, going in the Abbey, drinking tea and having a general wander. In the evening we went to a restaurant called Brasserie Blanc, where the food was absolutely delicious. Just thinking about it makes me hungry. 

On the last day we decided to spend a couple of hours in the Thermea Bath Spa and I am so glad we did. It's pretty pricey, but totally worth it. There were several pools and steam rooms (that were different smells/flavours!) that we had access to. My favourite was the rooftop pool, where you could look out and admire the city. There's something refreshing about being out in a really warm pool, on a chilly day. I felt so relaxed afterwards and didn't want to leave. 

I will definitely be visiting Bath again, it is by far one of my favourite places I've been in England and would definitely recommend it to anyone. 

Where's your favourite place to go in England?

No comments

Post a Comment

© Katie Primrose

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig