Instagram Feed (do not change this title)

Goodbye 2015 & Hello 2016


Happy New Years you beautiful people! I hope you had a good night full of celebrations and champagne. Thought I would do a quick post summing up some of my 2015 achievements and my hopes for 2016. 
2015 has been a bit of a mixed year, with both highs and lows, but overall I feel like it's been a good year full of experiences I will never forget. Like most people, I am hoping 2016 will be the best yet, but I know I need to be a bit realistic and realise I can't achieve everything I could possibly want within the next 365 days. I found it pretty hard to think of things I've achieved in 2015, which has made me even more determined to do more in 2016. 


Some of my 2015 achievements: 

  • Getting a first in my first year of university has to been one of my main highlights and definitely something I never thought I could achieve. I know it is only first year and doesn't count towards anything, but I am still rather proud of myself.
  • Travelling around Europe was so amazing and something I will never ever forget. Experiencing so many different cultures and exploring 7 different cities in such a short amount of time was both tiring and unforgettable. 
  • At the beginning of the year I created this blog and started writing about and sharing all the things I love, and I absolutely love it! Collaborating with companies and gaining viewers are just two of my blogging achievements and excitements. 
  • I got my hair cut short. This may sound like a weird thing to put in my 2015 achievements, but I've been contemplating getting my hair cut for so long and finally found the courage (and confidence) to have it cut. I am probably not keeping it short and have been growing it since, but it was nice to have a change and atleast I know what it looks like short now! 
  • I have started to care less what other people think of me. I still care a bit more than I should (who doesn't?), but I feel I have made progress and I definitely want to carry on with this in 2016. 



My hopes for 2016:

  • Getting a lot fitter and eat healthier. I have tried to do this so many times I have lost count, but it's something I feel passionate about and I am determined that this year will be the year I achieve this.
  • Carry on blogging and sharing things I love with all you lovely people. Also carry on improving and developing this blog so hopefully more and more people will enjoy reading my posts. 
  • Become more positive about things. I quite often find it really difficult to see the positive side of things and can end up feeling pretty rubbish about it. I know I can't completely change how I am, but I would love to be able to ignore the negatives and focus on the positives more. 
  • Travel! Whether that's a few hours down the road or a few hours on a plane. I love travelling and exploring other parts of the country/world, I know it sounds weird but it makes me feel free and I love sharing all my adventures with you.
  • Make more time for myself. This is sometimes difficult when juggling uni work, placement, blogging and spending time with James, but everyone needs a bit of "me" time away from others to focus on themselves. 
  • Do something and raise money for a charity. Two years ago I skydived for charity, it was so rewarding and it felt so good to do something for others. I'm not sure what I want to do, but I know I want to do something big to raise a fair bit for charity. 
Hope you achieve everything you want in 2016 and have a happy, healthy year!

No comments

Post a Comment

© Katie Primrose

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig