Instagram Feed (do not change this title)

Becoming a "Blogger"



I can't believe it has been over a year since I created KatiePrimrose and started writing blog posts for all of you beauties. Before creating this blog I spent months umming and ahhing about whether I should or shouldn't take the plunge and create somewhere I would share my experiences, views and feelings with the world. One day I suddenly (and finally) found the confidence and created KatiePrimrose. 

Within the first few months I had a bit of a love-hate relationship with this blog. Even now I have days where I feel super unmotivated and pretty rubbish about it and consider giving up, whereas other days I feel the opposite. Although gradually there are more days I love Katie Primrose and feel super motivated to regularly post content.

I wanted my blog to be really personal, which is why I decided on the name "Katie Primrose", after my first and middle name. I always write about things that interest me, the main topics being fashion, beauty, travel and health. Creating this blog and writing these posts wasn't and still isn't for popularity, money or free products. Instead it is for me to do something I enjoy, which is sharing the things I love with all of you lovely people. 

For me, blogging is a hobby and gives me something to concentrate on and enjoy, providing a break from university work. I love planning days out where I can take a load of photos and blog about afterwards. 

Sharing my blog with friends, family and the general public is something I am still getting used to. At first I didn't have the confidence to share this blog with all my friends and family, so I avoided Facebook and headed straight to Twitter and Instagram. Since then I have shared it on Facebook once, but still lack confidence when it involves friends and family. 

I am always so surprised and almost shocked when a friend or family member tells me they read my blog and really enjoy it.

I often find myself comparing KatiePrimrose to other, much more popular blogs, which is the worst thing to do. I also regularly set the bar way too high for myself, create impossible goals and put too much pressure on myself. I have now learnt that instead of writing posts I am not completely happy with just to keep to my schedule, I will post whenever I have material. I try to post twice a week, mainly on Wednesdays and Sundays, but that's not a strict rule. For me putting less pressure on myself encourages me to post more.


I really hope you all enjoy reading my posts on KatiePrimrose


No comments

Post a Comment

© Katie Primrose

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig